Resources at your Fingertips
The California Metal Finishing Associations want to put resources at your fingertips. In this information age, it is important to get information fast. But more than fast, information must be useful. We have compiled a variety of resources to help members in your quest for more industry-related information.
Please use the links below to find information. If there are links that are missing, but would be useful, send us a note and we’ll post it. And if you find a dud, let us know that, too, we’ll nuke it right away.
2016 Metal Finishing Conference
- 2016 Metal Finishers Association of Northern California Supplier Conference Exhibitors
- 2016 Metal Finishers Association of Southern California Supplier Conference Exhibitors
- National Association for Surface Finishing (NASF)
- American Electroplating and Surf Fin Society (AESF)
- Metal Finishing Suppliers Association (MFSA)
- National Metal Finishing Resource Center (NMFRC)
- California Chamber of Commerce for weekly updates on pressing legislative matters.
California Government Pages
- Cal Environmental Protection Agency (Cal-EPA)
- California laws, codes, and statutes
- California Legislation for a complete listing of all bills introduced this session, amendments, committee hearings, daily files and other publications.
- Cal Resources Board (CARB)
- Department of Industrial Relations (OSHA)
- Department of Toxic Substances Control
- So Cal Air Quality Management District (AQMD)
- State Agency Directory for a listing of all agencies, departments, boards and other state entities.
- State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB)
Controlled Substances Act – Sodium Hypophosphite
- CCSP Memo
- Application Instruction Changes
- Personal History Statement
- Controlled Chemical Substance Waiver
- Request for Live Scan Service
- Health and Safety Codes 111000-111111, and 111366-7
- Notices of Changes in Regulations
- Report of Sale Instructions – California
- Report of Sale Instructions – Out of State
For a sampling of what some environmental groups are doing, visit:
- Department of Energy (DOE)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- EPA Reports on Metals in the Environment
Is Surface Finishing Green Chemistry?
Past Metal Finishers Association of Southern California President Brian Wassell penned a compelling white paper on the Green Chemistry context in which surface technology operates today, explores the life cycle of elements in the finishing processes and concludes that with treatment, handling and recycling that are standard industry practice today, the well understood processes in use in the finishing industry today are GREEN! See Brian’s White Paper here.